Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

For a Couple of days now i have been experiencing pain in my

Customer Question

For a Couple of days now i have been experiencing pain in my jaws my teeth my cheeks and my head from one point i thought it was my tooth ache but when i press i dont feel pain i still feel the throbbing pain in my teeth but not as bad but still very uncomfortable i was recently sick with what i think was the flu my gland was paining me so much sensitive to touch but now my cheek amd jaws hurts im worried bout something being bad i am awoken at night by the pain
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

Do you have any symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat, pressure feeling in head on bending etc?

DR HASAN :

Any fever?

DR HASAN :

Please enter the chat to proceed.

DR HASAN :

I am sorry you have not been able to enter the chat so far so i am going to address your question and later you can ask anything you want.

DR HASAN :

In my opinion being an ENT and Head and Neck surgeon.

DR HASAN :

Nothing is wrong.

DR HASAN :

I mean to say that nothing is serious.

DR HASAN :

The most likely cause as per your symptoms is maxillary sinus infection.

DR HASAN :

It might have started from tooth or it might have started from flu and later might have invaded the tooth because the root of tooth lies in the sinus.

DR HASAN :

I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC Tab Aleve twice daily, Tab Claritin once daily, xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily really helps.

DR HASAN :

Moreover steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily is also recommended.

DR HASAN :

If symptoms persist see your doctor as you may need antibiotics.

DR HASAN :

But i can give you my words that anything serious like cancer etc is out of question.

DR HASAN :

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Christopher you were offline so i have shifted the chat here. Please read my answer above and if you have any question, let me know because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.