Dr. David, Doctor
Experience:  Ten years practicing as a licensed family physician.

I am a 42 yr old male and just did blood work. My AST (AGOT)

I am a 42 yr old male and just did blood work. My AST (AGOT) was 53 and my ALT (SGPT) was 58. My EOS (ABSOLUTE) was .5

Is this a problem?

Dr. David :

Hello. Thank you for your question. Having the lab values of AST=53, ALT=58, and ABS EOS=0.5 is not a problem at all. The AST and ALT are perhaps slightly raised. These two tests are for the liver. If you drink alcohol or take any kind of medications, then that could explain why these values are slightly raised. Dr. David

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So should I be concerned about liver issues? I do drink alcohol and I take alieve almost everyday. I also take vyvanse
If you are drinking alcohol and taking a few medications, then that could explain the numbers. There is no treatment indicated for the lab values that you mentioned. What did your doctor say?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not been able to discuss this with him yet. Should I be concerned? I have never had this come up in lab work in the past and I have blood work done annually
No, you don't need to be concerned. These numbers are not dangerous at all. Your values are close enough to the normal range that it is not a problem. Your doctor will probably tell you the same thing when you discuss your test results.