Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I do not feel sick at all, but for about the past 6 weeks I

Customer Question

I do not feel sick at all, but for about the past 6 weeks I just don't want to eat, foods that I normally devour don't seem appetizing?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--have you lost your appetite entirely? Your age, gender, and any other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not entirely, at times I eat like I should then the next day or next meal feel like I am choking down my food. I am 36 yrs old and male. no health issues

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay--can you explain the choking down the food?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is more of a wanting to make sure I eat so I force myself.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
So basically we're talking about a loss of appetite or at least a lack of being hungry at what you consider the appropriate time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes probably

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. And other that that no other symptoms--no nausea, gas, abdominal pain, fever, anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

maybe more gas than normal, but I used to be ready to eat at any given time I love to eat and seems as though that has changed

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--all I can do here is give you the possible causes but you'll have to see a doctor to evaluate this. With no other symptoms it isn't likely that this is anything more serious than perhaps gastritis and maybe an H pylori--the ulcer bug--infection, but the full list would include cancers like pancreatic, gastric, or colon cancer, low thyroid, hepatitis, HIV, and kidney disease. Sorry if that list frightens you but I'm obligated to give you the full list.