Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Glossyness in teeth, odd taste

Glossyness in teeth, odd taste
Not sure what you're saying about your teeth and odd taste as in different from before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the odd taste is similar to before...just a weird taste in saliva, very blandish like when you drink a hoppy ale kind of taste. Teeth I am saying feel more "silky" than usual if thats the word or "smoother" "gentler"

So your teeth don't look any different--just feel different? And suddenly just today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea don't look different at all. They have felt this way for most o past week. I wonder if it's related to the saliva change?

Possibly, especially if this is a reflux problem--the extra acid in the saliva that somewhat defeats the action of saliva which is to coat the enamel of the tooth and keep it moist and strong.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it...could it be anything serious?

No not really--certainly nothing like your fears of HIV. Try some Pepcid AC or Zantac for a few days and see if it clears up
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok will do. Will also mention it during the physical tomorrow.

Do that and, of course, let me know about tomorrow
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doc, I probablyy sound like a broken record but this morning I applied the anti fungal/steroid cream all over my ball sack including right under it. I just took a shower and used dial antibacterial soap in that area and I feel a little bit of a burning sensation down there now. Bad idea to put the cream there?

Remind me what cream exactly and why did you apply it there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i thought maybe the fingus was there also...clotrmazole and betamethasone dipropionate

Bad idea but not disastrous--the clortrimazole can be irritating to the sensitive skin of the scrotum. No harm done but unless there's really a need for treating your scrotum you shouldn't do it again. If an antifungal is needed there, prescription ketoconazole cream would be a better choice.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks. I also used Dial anti bacterial foamiing soap down there? Ok idea or bad?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fyi the burning sensation has now gone away...took about 15 mins or so

Like I said--no real harm done and now that it's gone it shouldn't come back
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cool, sorry my question was more around using the dial anti fungal foaming soap

Well, if you've never used that particular soap on your scrotum before it could be that that skin is just sensitive to that soap--either way no harm done