Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

My daughter had a surgery 3 weeks ago to remove her tonsils

My daughter had a surgery 3 weeks ago to remove her tonsils and adenoids. We where given antibiotics and advised that we give her lost if water to drink.
Now the issues is that she wakes up at night in pain and crying. It's been 3weeks now. What do you think is causing this and what can we about it. Each time we go there back to the hospital, they just give us more antibiotics.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question. I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

Sorry to hear about the kid's health.

Most likely this is from an infection which gives her pain, and compels the doctors to prescribe her more antibiotics.

Probably this is a resistant infection and i wonder if they have ordered a culture test for this. This test will exactly identify the bug responsible for the infection and will also direct the use of specific antibiotics which will work best against this bug.

You should take her back to the surgeon, discuss the details i have mentioned and get a management plan chalked out that suits best to her needs.

Yes plenty of luke warm water.

Honey water (anti-inflammatory).

All will help.

Thank you very much for visiting us.

Wish you good luck & Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise.