Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I recently had an MRI of the brain with the following results.

I recently had an MRI of the brain with the following results. There is nonenhancing, nonspecific bilateral supratentorial white matter disease. The largest white matter lesion. is in the left centrum semiovale and corona radiata and has a perpendicular orientation to the ventricles and measures about 7.3 mm in greatest transverse x about 4 mm in AP dimension. There are multiple smaller white matter lesions. These changes can be seen with either chronic small vessel disease or demyelination amount other etiologies. Trudy Hoerr

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I am sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

What question about this can I help you answer?

Customer:

well from what I have read about white matter disease and lesions and demyelation, it appears to me that it is possible that I may have MS. Is that or could that be true. I have so many symptoms and I am so tired that all I want to do is sleep.

Dr Brims :

Yes, it could be MS, but it may also be chronic changes from high blood pressure

Customer:

I am on blood pressure medicine and my blood pressure actually runs pretty low.......90/60

Dr Brims :

Ok

Customer:

Do you have any suggestions for me. Should I try to get into the neurologist sooner? I don't know if he has seen this report or not. Is it something that should be addressed sooner than later or should I not even worry about it?

Dr Brims :

You need to see a neurologist, when do you have an appointment to see one?

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

Yes I am sorry but I hit something wrong and it went away......I do not see a neuro until June

Dr Brims :

Okay, then would try to see one sooner, within the next month if possible, so they may assess the MRI and give you a better idea of the what exactly the cause is

Customer:

ok I will try to see if I can get in to him sooner. I know this is asking a lot of you but do these symptoms and results sound like MS to you. Of course I know it is hard for you to say without seeing me, but I just want to know your opinion.

Dr Brims :

What are all of your symptoms?

Customer:

Lots of fatigue, left eye pain, headaches, loss of balance at times, short term memory loss is bad, and when I am talking to someone I try to think of a word and it will not come to mind and it will be a word I know well. A simple word. Legs are weak feeling like I can't go another step and my L hand will get tingly and painful. That is just what I can think of now.......oh, I do have bowel problems and bladder.

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be due to MS

Customer:

ok That is what I was really thinking. I appreciate you talking to me. It helps to talk to someone.

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Customer:

Have a great week and thanks again. I will definatly try to get into the neuro sooner. God bless

Dr Brims :

Same to you