Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

My breastfed 6 wk old has started having these episodes where

My breastfed 6 wk old has started having these episodes where hes throwing up constantly n its so thick n mucusy i have to go in and get what doesnt come out...He's recovering from a cold and ear infection, is this a result from that and if so how long will it last!?! My 5mth old nephew is having similar symptoms minus the ear infection but he cannot hold anything down...HELP!!!
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

For how long he has been suffering with cold and ear infection?
Is he accepting breast milk?
Is he feverish or drowsy?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it started last thursday went to the doctor friday and was diagnosed with an ear infection...taking the breastmilk just fine but throwing up constantly afterwards...some liquidity but mostly thick n mucusy...only had fever last thursday night and that was it and not really drowsy either

Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, it sounds like your baby is having GE Reflux (gastrointestinal reflux) and this is very common in young babies and usually stops over time.
It is advised that you burp baby frequently during feedings and also try to keep him upright for 30 minutes after you nurse him. It would help gravity to keep the milk in his stomach rather than coming up. This would resolve some of the problem.
Usually it may take further few days, or sometimes another week to be free from symptoms.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne is- If your baby is eating well and happy then don't worry at all.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.