Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Is there any type of class or training that a person, who feels

Is there any type of class or training that a person, who feels he can't do anything right, can take that would be very helpful to him? The reason why this person feels this way is because he is accident prone like the following examples: He walks and moves and his shoulder accidently comes in contact with water hose that were on a nail and the water hose come off the nail and fall down on a person. Additionally, while carrying a long piece of lumber on his shoulder, he opens the stable door and the stable door accidently hits a person that was standing next to a water trough and that person falls in the water. Next, when this awkward person carrying the lumber turns around to help or apologize to the person that fell in the water, the piece of lumber then accidently hits someone walking behind him, and as this person that fell down is about to get up, he is accidently hit again with the piece of lumber after the awkward person turned around again to help and apologize to now this person. Inconclusion, this awkward person tends to make these same type of mistakes on any type of working environment. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Wow, what a series of events! Sometimes when accidents like this happen, the person is who feeling like they can't do anything right may just not be paying close enough attention to what they are doing or perhaps just need to be reminded to be more careful with carrying large objects when other people are around. This person may not be 'cut out' for this type of work also. They may do okay by themselves but soon becomes a disaster when others are around. Let's face it, some people are just accident prone or clumsy...we've all been around the person who - no matter where they go, they end up breaking something or tearing something up. I always used to say this person is 'like a bull in a fine china shop'. As far as classes go, I can't think of any self-enrichment classes or any other type of classes that would help him be more aware of his surroundings and be more careful. Most times when this type of person struggles with these types of settings, it's best to take the person out of the setting - have him do something else to keep him from getting hurt. Interesting question....reply back if I can talk with you more about this...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked this question to Job experts. I am just curious; how is it a health question?

I'm not sure showed up in the Health Category so I answered it. But now that you mention it, if this person is of age, or if they seem to have other issues with balance or 'clumsiness' it might be worth having them checked out to make sure there isn't an early onset of something that needs to be addressed.