Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

what type of cancers can cause elevated ferretin levels?

welcome and thank you for your question.

High ferritin levels can be seen in many conditions including infections and inflammations, autoimmune disease etc.

The commonest cancer which causes elevation of ferritin levels are liver cancer, colon cancer and kidney cancers. Blood cancers like leukemia can also cause increase in the ferritin level.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can IBS cause elevated ferretin?

Yes, it can.

All inflammatory diseases of the intestines can cause elevated ferritin levels.

I hope this helps.