Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Can Functional Medicine help a person with Alzhiemers?

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Yes, Functional Medicine looks at the patient as a whole and tries to focus on the patient and their individual needs instead of just his symptoms. Most all of the Functional Medicine Centers I have seen are run by Medical Doctors and are Accredited centers (like the Institute for Functional Medicine). Just make sure the place you go is run by Medical Dr's and is an accredited center, but yes, it can most definitely help him. Alzheimer's is a deteriorating disease and the Functional Medicine can help him in each stage. Good luck with this and I hope things work out good. Let me know if I can help further....