Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I am trying to get a script for Loniten, to help thicken thinning

I am trying to get a script for Loniten, to help thicken thinning hair, but do not actually wish to go meet with a physician. This is an off-label treatment so I'm worried about going to numerous doctors before finding one that may write the script. Any advice?

Do you have associated hair loss?

Itchy scalp?

Any thyroid problem?

Duration of symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor so far?

Stress and anxiety?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I actually use Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo for it's off the label hair loss benefits. I am also on a script for Propecia that I started after a hair transplant surgery. The hair loss has been ongoing for roughly around seven years. I do not have any thyroid problems. The only real stresses I have are hair related since I am in sales and appearance is part of my job. I know Loniten is traditionally used for blood pressure but has great side effects for hair.

Thanks for providing more information.

I understand your worry.

And as Loniten contains minoxidil which requires a prescription from a doctor.

So you can try Over the counter Rogaine which also contains minoxidil.It also have good results.

You should use 2% Rogaine (Minoxidil) lotion 1 ml applied morning and evening - gently massaged into the scalp. Continue for at least 6 months.

As you have script of Propecia so you should take it with Rogaine.

Rogaine and Propecia have only a 30-40% success rate if used alone and this jumps to 50-70% when used together.

Tab Biotin 5 mg twice a day for 3 months and then once a day for 3 months more.

Besides this useful supplements for the hair are Calcium and Iron tablets, taken once or twice a day.

Protein intake should also be sufficient.

Alongside continue washing your hair with Nizoral-AD shampoo 2-3 times a week - lather onto the scalp for 3-5 minutes and then wash off.

Stress and anxiety can be aggravating factors so do yoga,deep breathing exercises as well.

And at last,consult your doctor as well for further management.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.