Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have severe consitpation and have now an annal fissure. I

I have severe consitpation and have now an annal fissure. I have an ache in left side going around the back. is this anything to worry about? i have started fibre tablets now and had prune juice to help this morning which it has with the constipation but pain is still there

Welcome and thank you for the question.

The pain could indicate that you have inflammation of the tissues around the fissure, possibly because of an infection. This can cause radiating pain to the back.

Please take Ibuprofen, 200mg thrice a day for 2 days and see if it helps. if it does not, you will need to see a doctor.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tablets help the pain should i go see a doctor for an antibiotic? O have had a kidney infection and been on tablets two weeks ago

If the pain occurs in spite of the pain tablets or recur after the pain tablets have been stopped, then yes, you should see a doctor - you will need antibiotics.