Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I think I might have drank fake blood. I was helping a friend

I think I might have drank fake blood. I was helping a friend make a small movie for his film class. I was supposed to get shot and cough blood in the movie; therefore I put some fake blood in my mouth to make it realistic...I agreed to it and put a small amount of blood in my mouth, but I'm afraid I have swolled a bit...I wash my mouth right away with water...Should I go to the ER? could I get poisoned? Could I get a digestive or other cancer? how about my mouth?

Here are the ingredients of the fake blood:
Water, Imidazolini Urea,Triethanilamine, Propylene, Glycol, Methylparaben, Red #40 (CI 16035, Blue # XXXXX CI 42090

so far I have no symptoms and I have washed my mouth so many times with water? what should I do I'm freakung out?

Greetings Nelson.

How much amount did you put in the mouth?
How much amount do you think did you swallow?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think I swolled...I put about half a tea spoon in my mouth...I don't feel any symptoms

Hello Nelson,

This is a tiny amount and this is unlikely to cause any significant harm. Mild burning of mouth may occur occasionally but since you do not have any symptoms, anything now is not likely to occur. I would not worry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.