Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

im a 22 yeard old male that has been sexually active for about

im a 22 yeard old male that has been sexually active for about a month now. I found two large pimples at the bottom of my scrotum the other day. i popped them and these extremely hard white balls came out followed by a bit of blood. they dont hurt or itch or anything and seem to be healing well. Is this something i should be worried about like an std or something?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

These does not sound like any STD - they are more likely to be simply pimples. They are caused by blocked ducts of sebaceous glands.

Herpes can cause small blisters in the scrotum which may seem similar to pimples but the blisters contain fluid and are usually painful.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why was the pus that came out hard then?

The pus that came out was not real pus - it was sebum. Actual pus is like a thick fluid, greenish or yellowish.

Sebum is the secretion produced by the sebaceous gland - when it clogs up the gland, it becomes hard, like a ball. That is what came out. Squeezing the pimple further will cause a little bleeding.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your time. this was very helpful

You are welcome.

Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.