Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Because of marital separation job loss i was diagnosed with

Because of marital separation job loss i was diagnosed with possible situational depression to become clinical if not resolved. It hasnt resolved since 7/7/12. Is this the possible reason my eye muscles seem to be sore? Occurs especially when i turn my eyes to extreme left right up or down. Thanks.
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent chain of not-so-pleasant events. These types of life changes can be extremely difficult and I hope you soon start feeling somewhat better.

As far as your eyes are concerned, it seems as though you may be describing possible sinus issues. The sinus behind the eyes can cause the eyes to feel 'sore' or tired when you have congestion or sinusitis. Also, eye strain can be to blame.

I would try to take a decongestant for the possible sinus issue (if you feel like this might be your case) or schedule a possible eye exam to rule out eyestrain.

Reply back if more info is needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah that's likely it. Runny nose off and on last 48hrs and light chest cold.

Most times it is. Go ahead and take something like Tylenol Cold and Sinus (or something with Sudafed in it) and see if this helps. If you can't take decongestants, try some mucinex with a full glass of water.