Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Im taking 1-2 super stress vitamin b complex with vitamin

I'm taking
1-2 super stress vitamin b complex with vitamin c
1-2 smart uk brain complex
2 astaxanthin and blackcurrant
1 visual eyes
1 zinc
3 omega 369
1 spray vitamin d

b6 -
b complex 25
smart uk brain complex 50mg

b12 -
b complex 125
smart uk brain complex 200 mc

folic acid
b complex 200 mcg
smart uk brain 200 mc

b complex 50mg

vitamin b2
b complex 25mg
visual eyes 2mg

vitamin b1

biotin 50mcg

b5 125 mg

vitamin d
spray 3000iu
smart uk brain complex 400iu

vitamin c
smart uk brain complex 100mg
b complex 500mg

smart uk brain complex 15mg
visual eyes 3mg
zinc tablets 20mg

smart uk brain complex also contains
50 mcg choline
n-acetyl l-cysteine

visual eyes also contains
vitamin a (833iu) 250mcg
vitamin e (7.5iu)
vitamin c 60mg

The key amounts of each vitamin is in the list above.

Is this safe and is it too much?

Also am I better off with 1 or 2 of the Vitamin B complex and 1 or 2 of the smart uk brain complex based on these amounts?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

May I ask why you are taking all of these vitamins?

I have both schizophrenia and dyspraxia and have been in hospital a couple of times in the past. I've chatted to a friend who's taught me that th some of the benefits and showed me a documentary and that their really good for stress. I've also been reading a book by Dr Atkins on vita nutrients.

Dr Brims :

Okay, you don't need all of that vitamin B, all you need is to take a B complex for vitamin B supplementation

Well how about Vitamin D for mood and Omega 369.

Dr Brims :

There is no scientific evidence that indicates vitamin D will help for your mood, but it is fine to take supplementation, it is also fine to take the omega 369

Iwas also recommended that Smart UK Brain complex what do you think of it and why would a company recommend it for memory and mood for people with mental health problems.

Dr Brims :

You may try it, but there is no proof or evidence it helps with mental health problems, they recommend it because they want to make money

Is it safe to take with a VitaminB complex considering they both contain B vitamins?

Dr Brims :

Yes, it is safe to take with a vitamin B complex

Also do the eye health vitamins work I've seen some positive reviews?

Dr Brims :

There is no evidence they help your eyes, but you may try them if you can afford them, but keep in mind it is unlikely they will help

I use a pc a lot for college you see and play xbox a lot on the night.

Dr Brims :

Okay, the vitamins are not likely helpful

So you think they could be a scam / false advertising?

Dr Brims :

yes, that is what I believe

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

I am yes

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

I'm not sure it's kind of interesting I've read books on this and they say vitamins can solve all sorts of health problems as a better alternative to medicine, their natural found in food and then a doctor will recommend you medication instead which has a ton of side effects.

Dr Brims :

I see, I am sorry, I am not exactly sure what question you would like me to answer based on your last reply, can you clarify what your last question is so I know how I can best help?

I'm on a mobile so hard to chat at the moment really and explain what I mean.

Dr Brims :

Ok, well based on medical facts, there is no evidence vitamins alone will treat all medical problems

Is it possible to continue this later or would i have to pay again?

Dr Brims :

You would not have to pay again, but I may not be available the exact time you return

Ok no problem

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I must respectfully XXXXX XXXXX this expert. Vitamins have been shown to imrove eyesight as these scientific links show:

Also of interest is:

Mood changes and Vitamin D:

This is regarding schizophrenia and vitamin B deficiencies:

Here are just a few more links showing the positive effects of vitamins:

So in conclusion while I hate to disagree with the good doctor the fact is that vitamin supplementation is not a scam and has been shown to have MANY positive health effects. These links are just a few of many thousand.

Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So in conclusion how many of the B-Complex and how many of the Smart UK Brain Complex should I take based on that research? Also do I need the Zinc, as its already in some of the other vitamin pills?

You may take one a day of each, you do not need zinc
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician

Vitamin B complex consists of 8 vitamins: biotin, folic acid, pyridoxine, cobalamin, niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamine and riboflavin.

Thiamine, or vitamin B-1, helps your heart, muscle and nervous systems function properly. Males ages 14 and older require 1.2 mg per day.

Riboflavin, or B-2, helps your body make red blood cells. The RDA is 1.3 mg for males ages 14 and older.

Niacin helps your digestive and nervous systems function properly. The RDA is 16 mg for males 14 and older.

Pantothenic acid is required for growth and metabolism. The RDA is 5 mg for people ages 14 and older.

Pyridoxine, or vitamin B-6, is required for a healthy immune and nervous system. People ages 19 to 50 require 1.3 mg of pyridoxine daily.

Cobalamin, or vitamin B-12, regulates the production of red blood cells and DNA. People ages 14 and older require 2.4 mcg.

Biotin is needed by the body for growth and metabolism. The RDA is 30 micrograms for ages 19 and older.

Folic acid helps your body make proteins and red blood cells. People ages 14 and older require 400 mcg per day.

Zinc is the second most common trace element in the body and plays a role in vision, taste, smell, blood clotting, metabolism and many other functions. The RDA for zinc is 11 mg per day for males ages 19 and older. The body requires very little zinc and most often the amount needed is obtained through food.

These values are all the recommended daily allowance according to the National Institutes of Health.

Most of the studies provided are based on a deficiency of vitamins and these are the minimum levels established to keep the body in good health. Based on the values that are contained in the vitamins you are using I would have to agree that one tablet of each supplement would meet your needs. I would also agree that zinc supplementation is not needed.