Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have a question regarding my toe. It hurts when I walk.

Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have pain in big toe while you walk?
Do you such symptoms in both toes?
Have you noticed swelling/discoloration?
Any other health or medical problems ?
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was very painful last week, now it just comes and goes
Sarah, Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, it can occur due to Gout or Rheumatoid arthritis.
Gout occur due to excess of uric acid build up in blood. This happens when body produces extra acid or does not eliminate enough, or if you eat too many foods with purines, such as liver and dried bean.
Gout is a disorder of high uric acid deposit in the joints and can result in toe pain.

You need to get serum uric acid and complete blood count test for diagnosis. You also need x-ray of toes to check for arthritis.
A complete clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.
Line of treatment is- Physical therapy, Anti- inflammatory medications. Also Corticosteroids pills can be prescribed by doctor. For Gout, Colchicine, may also be used for long-term treatment.

I would recommend that you visit Orthopedician for clinical evaluation and get it managed. If pain is severe, then please don't delay and get it managed in ER.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.