Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.

Hi. I have some type of soreness inside my mouth where my cheek

Hi. I have some type of soreness inside my mouth where my cheek is. I think it was probably cause from myself biting my cheek. It is bothering me and Id like to get a cream to cure it or at least stop the pain. Could somebody help me with this? : )

medtech254 :

Hello I will be assisting you today.

medtech254 :

I will give you a few home remedies you can do to help alleviate this pain.

medtech254 :

Do you have nay other medical conditions or take medication?

medtech254 :

What you will want to do is make sure to brush your teeth and tongue at least twice daily to reduce the amount of bacteria present and prevent the area from becoming infected. You can also apply ise to the cheek to help reduce swelling and pain. As long as you have no other medical conditions you can take 600 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours for pain and also to reduce swelling. You can also use a salt water solution (a tablespoon in a glass is fine) and then swish it in your mouth. This should help suppress any pain and will keep the wound clean while it's healing. Every couple of hours as needed is fine. Try not to touch the area or poke at with your tongue. If the pain doesn't subside within 24 hours, if you notice any strange odors coming from the wound, If you develop a fever, or if it resists healing and continues to feel warm from the inflammation more than 48 hours later, then see a dentist or doctor immediately.

medtech254 :

A small bite wound can heal within 2-3 days; a larger one in about a week. The mouth does tend to heal quickly if the wounds are kept clean and not aggravated. Talk to a doctor or dentist if the wound does not start healing rapidly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

let me just ask you.. you meant apply ice right? cuz u spelled ise..

Yes I got a new keyboard and the keys are stiff. It is ice not ise.