Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Hello my girlfriend has missed 2 of her period cycles almost

Hello my girlfriend has missed 2 of her period cycles almost 9 weeks...she has taken 5 pregnancy tests including 2 of the first response early detection tests and they have all came back negative. She recently had a bout of the SHINGLES and was on a steriod prednisone could this have her period thrown off? Could she still be pregnant?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Yes, prednisone can be a reason for the missed period. But it is advisable to get an ultrasound of the uterus and ovaries to make sure there are no other medical conditions that can cause missed period like ovarian cyst , polycystic ovarian syndrome.

So, it would be wise to get an ultrasound of the "pelvis" as early as possible.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you think she can be pregnant? even with the 5 negative tests

No, that is not possible because she has already missed 2 periods consecutively. If you had done the pregnancy tests after she missed her second period and they came back negative, there is no chance of pregnancy at all.

I hope my answer has helped you.