Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Just got scolded my the GI dr. He says all my symptoms

Customer Question

Just got scolded my the GI dr. He says all my symptoms are caused by my purging.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Have you been doing that a lot during this last bout of stomach problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A couple times but not a lot
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What else did he have to say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That he wants to do another ct. That hes done all he can. Anf until im ready to stop purging im going to feel like crap
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well any purging doesn't help but a couple of times wouldn't have caused all your problems. Did you ask him this time specifically what he thinks the ct will show him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said he wants to order it to see if he can find any causes of my abdominal pain. I told him i wasnt doing another ct
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I agree you don't need another one. Have you talked any more to your surgeon relative?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He still says i need to be rescoped. He also told me to take the pepcid ac but the gi dr told me absolutley not to take it. The gi dr thinks i need to go to mayo. The gi dr also said i have a very poor quality of life
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Poor quality of life?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont know what he meant. He said i have poor quality life and noone should live like that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well I do agree on the scoping and maybe the Mayo would be best for you all around--not only for the GI issue but to discuss the other problems with them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Other problems?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The eating disorder and the other psychological things
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But i like the providers at the clinic i work at
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just a suggestion but at least they'd be best for the GI part
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My gi dr said he cant justify scoping me again. He was so rude today. The mayo clinic is 5 hours away feom where i live
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, work something out with your surgeon uncle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you honestly think i need to be rescoped?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
We're chatting again--already told you--especially to find the source of the bleeding and hopefully do something about that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How does someone cut ties with people without hurting peoples feelings
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
As in who?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Marty, my parents, and maybe my mom figure
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well let's stick with Marty here--you just tell him you can't see him any more and that you don't feel comfortable or safe around him and leave it at that. One thing you have to do is to stop putting others before yourself especially when your safety and serenity are involved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do i do if he gets angry with me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You tell him he has to deal with it and that you will get a restraining order against him if he doesn't respect your wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But he doesnt care about restraining orders
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
He will if you get one and call the police if he breaks the rules
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure about this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Growing up i was taught that guys can do whatever they want to me. This is all hard
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Let's not get into what you were taught--you were taught wrong. And hard as it may seem you either choose to do it or choose to keep things the same
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know i have to choose
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That was a useless line--it wasn't a response at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you get a restraining order
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Talk to a lawyer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do i do if he forces me to have sex again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Talk to a lawyer now. Don't let him in the house and call the cops if he tries to get in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it does happen again do i have to go to the er for an exam
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Only if you want to press rape charges.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should i if it happens again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'd tell you to but it won't happen if you get the restraining order and not let him near you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Promise?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can i ask you a dumb question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long until it stops hurting?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What stops hurting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What marty did
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hard to say--you really should get it looked at since you could have an anal fissure or a sphincter tear
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Nothing more to say then and this page has gone on long enough--two separate subjects
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry. I will rate the question. How would they look at it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well it might only take an external exam and a digital exam but it may take a procstoscope to look further in
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it going to hurt? Can it wait until tomorrow? What do i tell my dr?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It can wait and it shouldn't be too painful. You don't have to say what happened just that you're having pain down there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very last question. Should i just tell my dr what happened? Is he required to notify law enforcement
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No he isn't required to notify the police but it would be best to tell him what happened
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If i open a new page can i tell you what happened
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Was blocked out on this page--go ahead and start another one