Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Hi, I am a 26 year old male. With good sex drive(well in my

Hi, I am a 26 year old male. With good sex drive(well in my head), as in I'd like to have sex everytime there's a lady next to me. I enjoy verything there is to be enjoyed about sex. At times, while attempting to have sex, I start feeling my erection weakening. I'm totally healthy. I NEED advice, been brushing this off for while.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

In healthy adult males, the #1 reason for erection dysfunction is psychologically related. It's either psychological or physical (health). If you are a healthy individual who enjoys sex with the opposite sex but you are having trouble keeping an erection, I would look a little deeper into possible anxiety issues by seeking out a sexual therapist or Psychiatrist who can get to the main reason for the breakdown in your sexual function.

Reply back if I can elaborate further or if you need more info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah maybe its true, if at any point think that its gonna happen, it usually ends up happening. it can go for 6 months without happening... then after happen every other encounter. So is there any temp solution or booster. will contact therapist but was also hoping for a temp solution coz it might take me a month to sitdown with a therapist

No problem, I completely understand. Sometimes it's just situational anxiety...they can get to the bottom of it. A quick fix can be something as simple as using a cock ring (sorry to be so blunt). If you are not familiar with these, they are placed on the penis (at the base) and they keep the blood from exiting...therefore, keeping the penis hard. Most will come with directions (on how long to use them, etc) but if they don't, just don't use the ring for more than 20-30 minutes at a time and if you have any discomfort with it, simply don't use it. The cock ring is the most simple fix in the short term.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wow, ohkay... putting a ring on my penis just before sex, seems abit over the top, are there any over the counter boosters(sup/pill etc) that I can get rather, to keep the blood flow consistent. something last say for 2 hours or so if I'll be looking to have sex

As far as supplements go (whether it be creams, pills, lotions, or potions) I do not suggest taking any of these supplements because they are not regulated by the FDA and could be potentially harmful to your health. I understand your concerns, but keep in mind that these products have only one action, as they separate the consumer from his/her hard earned monies. Also, another note, the manufacturers
of these ‘supplements' put a lot of ‘binders' and ‘fillers' in these products and you really don't know what you are really taking which can be risky. Other than that, Viagra or similar would be helpful but that's only obtained with a prescription (of course).

Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.