Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

This morning I began fixating on each side of a Gillette razor

Customer Question

This morning I began fixating on each side of a Gillette razor shavor and also was hesitating closing large lid on a cat food container metal. I tried to fight thoughts but I am worried if these repetitive Ocd activities affected heart negatively?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Have you done an EKG yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have had all heart tests and all came back normal even calcium coronary study and stress exercise test
Well that sounds good.

These thoughts do not directly have a stressful effect on the heart but you have to control your obsessive thoughts. For this, you have to undergo a behaviorl therapy that helps to come to terms with your negative thoughts and control them. This is known as CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy and is different from psychotherapy.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.
Here is a link about CBT

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So my heart is safe from these Ocd behaviors?
Yes, since all your tests came back normal , your heart is normal .

But you need to undergo CBT which is very healthy and effective for you and will gradually reduce your obsessive symptoms.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hesitate to close lid and thoughts pod falsely affecting my heart should I tell myself they are false and just complete the action without repeating the motion?
Yes, I believe you should complete the act without thinking too much. This will be least stressful for you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr so these thoughts are completely false I am having with correlating actions to the heart functions?
Yes.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr so I should try not to think of heart during these actions?
Yes, just take things lightly. Do not think about your heart if you want to have healthy heart.

Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Thank you.

My best wishes for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last thing should I stop worrying about the Ocd actions that happened today and know that my heart is fine and safe from those thoughts and actions?
Sorry for the late reply as I was offline.

Yes, you should stop worring as much as possible. Remember the less worry you are, the more healthy heart you have.

Moreover, please talk to your consulting physician / psychiatrist about CBT.