Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

i go door to door with my job for charity. is there a particular

i go door to door with my job for charity. is there a particular comfortable nurse shoe you would recommend in black

Hi there and thank you for the question. This has been a long researched - much discussed area among us nurses. There are literally THOUSANDS of different shoes either made for nurses or marketed 'for' nurses but the thing to remember is this....keep the shoe 'light' (heavy shoes will get even heavier the longer you have them on), design really doesn't matter - it's your foot that matters. Depending upon your particular foot - whether it's a low arch, high arch, no arch, wide foot, or any other area that might need special attention, sometimes, the best shoe is an athletic shoe. I work NICU (on my feet 80% of the day) and personally find myself wearing New Balance 990's. They are gray and go with most anything. However, I have co-workers who say they enjoy Cherokee footwear for nurses. You can find them here .... Also, price really doesn't matter with nursing shoes (one time where price really doesn't matter). You can spend $150 on Dansko or $49 on a shoe like the one I have shown you here. It really does depend on your own foot and what's comfortable depending on the shape of your own foot.

My best advice for the shoe is to go to a local shop who sells nursing shoes and try them on. Ask for the Cherokee shoes so you can at least see how they feel on the foot. If the shop has them priced more than $45, then you can find your size in the store and then order then online. After that, you can try on some of their other styles but just don't forget about the weight of the shoe. Even if the shoe feels good, it might not after you have to pick up all day (weight-wise).

Let me know if I can help further.