Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

For the past 5 days I have been constipated. I usually am regular

Customer Question

For the past 5 days I have been constipated. I usually am regular and have bowl movements every morning. Now if I have had bowl movements they have been watery like diarrhoea. Today my stools have been all mucus. When having dinner tonight after finish my vegetables I quickly had to go. That stool was green; I put this down to having green vegetables at dinner. For the past 4 hours or so I have felt nauseas and have been feeling pressure on my bladder. When I do go I don't have the feeling of my bladder not being empty. I feel the pressure all the time but it gets worse when I move.Background history. I have type 1 diabetes. My blood sugars are fine and I do not have ketones. Last weekend I was sexual active for the first time in a while. This week I did get my period. I do sometime get extreme cramps. I am waiting to see a gyno as my gp believes I may have endometriosis. Since the cramps, things just haven't been right since. I also developed thrush, for the first time, this week. My gp gave me canasten to use. I haven't been sleeping well due to all of this.A few questions. Biggest thing on my mind could this at all be an STD? Why did my dinner pass through me so quickly, around 20mins? Is it normal to have stools that are just mucus. With all these symptoms is it simply constipation that I'm suffering from? Why am I feeling this pressure on my bladder and a need to pee so much?Also are there any quick remedies for anal fissure or pain relief? It stings like crazy and having to pee so much isn't helping.Since this started I have increased my fibre intake mainly through vegetables. I have been getting at least 25g of fibre. I have increased my water intake, last couple of days I have drunk over 2L. Being diabetic I don't eat a lot of sugar but I know one area that was lacking was my fruit and vegetables.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The diarrhea, mucus in stool and the green color suggests that you might be having a "stomach flu". This is likely to pass off in a few days time.

You can however take gatorade to counter any electrolyte imbalances due to the diarrhea.

There is no possibility of STD as you do not have any significant symptoms like vaginal discharge which is foul smelling, any blisters or rashes around your genitals or inner thighs. However, if you are doubtful about your partner, you can get tested for STD in a special STD clinic.

As for anal fissure, you can try an over-the-counter topical hydrocortisone cream or ointment.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

Hello there, do you have any further question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Everything else seems to have settled down, for now. Except for the pressure on the bladder. It doesn't hurt when I go. Could this be a UTI

Sorry I could not reply as I was offline.

Pressure on your bladder could be due to UTI or inadequate emptying of the urinary bladder.

You need to get the following tests done:

1. Routine urine.
2. Urine culture and sensitivity test.
3. Urodynamic study : indicated if the above two tests are negative for urine infection and you still feel pressure on your bladder.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Hello C,

How are you?

I have already provided you an appropriate answer.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope my answer has helped you .

Take care.