Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Doc gave me amoxicillin he said the infection in very mild

Doc gave me amoxicillin he said the infection in very mild this was a tooth he worked on a few years ago.

I want to know if I should be worried about this infection I know of people that have had heart attacks,died from this thing? Im flying out to europe in about 2 weeks

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

If the pain persists even after you complete the course of amoxicillin, you may need "root canal treatment" to cure deep seated tooth infection.

You might do good with a tooth X ray to look into the interior and exclude any tooth infection.

Please talk to your dentist about this.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He did an Xray and the pain comes and goes but its mild

Did he detect infection in your tooth from the X ray?
I think the amoxicillin would be good enough to get rid of the "mild infection". You need to continue with this medicine and also take an analgesic like advil to control the pain.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes from the Xray he said he will do the root canal when i get back from europe in a 3-4 weeks.

Ok, Till then you need to continue with the amoxicillin, advil (to control pain) and also do mouth rinsing with hexidine gargle.

Have a great day.