Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

What is the best routine to follow prior to a sporting event

What is the best routine to follow prior to a sporting event like basketball? How many hours before should you not eat? What are the best things to eat to give you the most energy?

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

What is your age & gender?

What is your height & weight?

Do you have any known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is for a girls basketball team, 12 years old.

Dear customer,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Basketball, is a high-intensity sport. Knowing what, how much and when you should eat can give you an edge during competition.The right foods and drinks can help you become a better athlete.

For maximum energy during game,her most food should be out of your stomach, broken down and absorbed by the start of the game. She should eat her last full meal at least two and half to three hours prior to exercise for it to be properly digested.

Carbohydrates should make up 65 percent to 70 percent of her pregame meal.

It is important to eat complex carbohydrates. They will be broken down slowly and will ensure that you will have energy throughout the game rather than burning out too quickly. Pasta, brown rice and potatoes are all good sources of complex carbohydrates.

Grilled or broiled chicken breast and beef will provide you with the protein your body needs.

Avoid large amounts of heavy foods, such as fats, as they may take a long time to digest, effectively sitting in your stomach while you are on the court.

All this will help the girls basketball team to gain & maintain high energy levels during their basketball game.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-

Dr Charles

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have the girls followed the diet described?
Have they noticed energy levels during game?

Let me know,