Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Nurse Milli only, I have recently been put on buspirone

Nurse Milli only,

I have recently been put on buspirone and the only change I have noticed is with agitation. so wondering how long it generally takes for this medication to start working?
Category: Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the Moderator for this topic. Nurse Mili is not available right now, but I have sent her a message to follow up with you here, when she comes back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience!

Camille

Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for the question.

When you speak of agitation, can you elaborate a little more? Are you having increased agitation? Are you irritable as well? Is the agitation something new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is lessening with the agitation, but all the jumpiness and just overall anxiousness has not changed. I am a little bit irritable with some things. Still getting the headaches off and on.

Ok thank you for the added information. Buspar can actually cause nervousness and even hostility as a side effect. Most times these side effects go away as you adjust to the medication and it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks...some take a bit longer to get used to the medication. But then on the other hand, some never get used to the medication and don't want to take the time to see if they will ever adjust to the medication because they don't like the way they feel while taking it....if that's the case, you can see if your Dr will change your medication to a drug in a different category. And the headaches are also a side effect that is most undesirable as well.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.