Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I had sexual intercourse last December. Two days later I felt

I had sexual intercourse last December. Two days later I felt a burning pain aftern urinating

I went to a sexual clinic and was given the all clear. I was advised to see my doctor.
My doctor took a sample of my urine. I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection.
I was given anti biotic but it did not stop the pain. I went to different doctor
And I did another urine test and the result was clear. I went back to my doctor and he gave me more anti biotic. None has solved my problem. I went for blood tests. My doctor said the
Results are okay. He said that my kidney level is 45 and it should be 48. He said there's no cause for alarm. I read on the internet the average healthy kidney level is 60. He told me to do a homology ser test in two weeks time. Although he said it's not a serious situation I am very worried.
I only spoke to him on the phone.
Please can you help.
Paul

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

What tests have you done till now?

Dr. R. Bora :

Do you still have burning urine?

Customer:

Yes still feeling burning pain. And in my groin. Blood test for kidney liverand prostrate

Dr. R. Bora :

You should do a urine culture test to determine if there is still urine infection. A routine ueine test is not sufficient to tell you the cause for urine burning.

Dr. R. Bora :

Your kidney level seems to be alright.

Dr. R. Bora :

But you should do other tests for sexually transmitted disease (STD) like for herpes, chlamydia, trichomonas, gonorrhea, HIV.You need to visit an STD clinic for these tests.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello are you there?

Customer:

Yes doc

Dr. R. Bora :

Yes, so you need to do a few more tests now:1. Urine culture and sensitivity test.

Dr. R. Bora :

2. tests for sexually transmitted disease (STD) like for herpes, chlamydia, trichomonas, gonorrhea, HIV at an STD clinic. Persistent STD can also be a cause for urine burning without other symptoms.

Customer:

its the burning pain and groin that is causing me so much discomfort

Dr. R. Bora :

For the burning pain, you need to drink alkasol available OTC .

Dr. R. Bora :

You should also make it a point to drink plenty of water which helps tremendously to reduce the burning.

Customer:

i already went to std clinic for gonorrhea and chlamydia and i was given an all clear. But when i wen to see my doctor he took urine sample and

Dr. R. Bora :

Feel the groin for any lump there which could be enlarged lymph nodes. If you cnnot feel any lump, it is a good sign.

Customer:

i was diogniesd with UTI

Dr. R. Bora :

Yes, I know that. Now you have to know the cause for the persistent UTI even after taking antibiotics.

Customer:

i have checked my groin they seem okay

Dr. R. Bora :

You should get an ultrasound of the kidneys, urinary bladder and prostate. Inflammation of any of these organs could be reason for chronic UTI.

Dr. R. Bora :

Talk to a urologist if your GP is not helpful.

Dr. R. Bora :

Chronic UTI needs evaluation.

Dr. R. Bora :

Drink alkasol to reduce the burning and pain.

Dr. R. Bora :

Dr. R. Bora :

Drink alkasol to reduce the burning and pain. It is available OTC.

Dr. R. Bora :

Have you tried alkasol?

Customer:

what is alkasol

Customer:

Can uti be detected at a std clinic?

Dr. R. Bora :

Alkasol is contains an alkaline substance which creates an alkaline PH that is unsuitable for urine infection and also reduces the urine acidity associated with burning .

Dr. R. Bora :

Yes, UTI can be detected in an STD clinic too. It is a basic urine test.

Customer:

I first went to the std clinic.. they cleared me. week later went tt see my doctor.. He said i should bring first urine in the morning. He diagniesd UTI/

Customer:

I went to a differnt doctor two weeks later and they found nothing. Abit confusing.

Customer:

where can i get the alkasol

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello Paul, here is what you should do now:

Dr. R. Bora :

Get it from a drug store nearby or even in walmart.

Customer:

is it on prescription

Dr. R. Bora :

No, it is OTC.

Dr. R. Bora :

I hope my answer has helped you. I have discussed everything with your I believe.

Customer:

yes. Do you think my situation is serious. just very worried

Dr. R. Bora :

Not that serious. But you should get a urine culture test done.

Customer:

and my kidneys are okay for now i guess?

Dr. R. Bora :

Yes, they are...

Dr. R. Bora :

Good luck!

Customer:

thanks

Dr. R. Bora :

You are welcome.Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Dr. R. Bora :

You need to click on a positive rating!

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello, I guess our conversation is over?

If you have any new questions for me, please contact me here at just answer and address the question as DR. BORA.