A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

So its a medical fact that the high WBC could very well cause

So its a medical fact that the high WBC could very well cause kidney failure and heart attack on top of that stress from being told ant stage 4 kidney failure...did he need dialysis at that point?

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

High WBC count is indicative of an infection or inflammation somewhere in the body, or it may be the result of severe physical or emotional stress.

It is an indication that something is causing the high WBC, but having high WBC doesn't cause anything.

Stage 4 kidney disease indicates an estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) of 15-29. A eGRF below 15 is Stage 5 kidney failure. It is generally at Stage 5 that dialysis begins. You can read more about kidney failure here:

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,