A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I saw a psychiatrist who wrote a letter to my employer that

I saw a psychiatrist who wrote a letter to my employer that I have been off all medications for a year (the past 12 months) for anxiety and that I do not need the meds. This is what I thought at the time...I am now having a relapse in my anxiety symptoms and want to go back to the same psychiatrist to get on meds indefinitely for the anxiety. If I do this it is kind of contradicting, but I didnt realize I would relapse. If I do ask to be put back on meds will my psychiatrist be mad he wrote that letter?

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

No, your psychiatrist won't he angry that you had a relapse. It's no different from a cardiac patient having a second heart attack. You didn't need the meds at the time the letter was written, But this is a different time and now you do. It's two different things, and no one blames the patient for having a relapse.

Best regards,