Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I am currently on my period with horrible cramps. Earlier tonight,

I am currently on my period with horrible cramps. Earlier tonight, there was a bit of pain in my anus and abdomen when I had to urinate. I just finished expelling (I believe) blood while pooping. I'm not 100% b/c I'm on my cycle. I'm 33, female and a bit overweight. Hemorrhoids? Or more serious? This is the first time this has every happened. Oh, and I've been quite nauseated the past couple days - again, it kind of went with the bad cramps and cycle thing, but now I'm wondering otherwise.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have history of constipation?

Do you have diarrhea?

Is there pain while passing stool?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had a lot of constipation over 6 months ago. Recently, not so much. I've been pretty regular. My husband and I have begun eating better. But, this past month we have been quite busy during the week and have deviated a little from our changes.

No diarrhea currently - in fact it felt like normal stool, but then I wiped and found only blood. No fecal evidence on paper after several wipes.

There was pain more like abdominal and female "cramps" but yes, while passing stool and urinating.

Thank you for your help. I'm quite nervous.

Dear customer,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

As you believe that you are having blood in your poop.the
condition having fresh red colored blood in stool is called hematochezia.
Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a
brighter red.

This blood is coming from lower gastro intestinal tract. Its most
common causes are: hemorrhoids,anal fissures,diverticular bleeding,intestinal
infection (such as bacterial enterocolitis),inflammatory bowel disease,
ulcerative collitis,crohn's disease.

Hemorrhoids can be the most probable cause & constipation is the common cause of this.

You need following tests:

-Stool examination,

-Anoscopy

-Ultrasound of lower abdomen,

-Rectal examination

-Colonoscopy.

As you are not 100% sure that this bleeding is from anus
because currently you are having your menstrual period,it is quite common for women to get confused about to know that from where this bleeding is coming.

So I advice you to wait for the next couple of days so that
you can get finish on your period and it gets clear that from where the
bleeding is coming.

If the blood still gets coming after finishing your
period,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy
to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you
have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-

Dr Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist