Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I have two dark tiny bumps on the inside of my labia. I was

I have two dark tiny bumps on the inside of my labia. I was tested for hsv but the result came back non-isolated. I also have a discharge with an odor.  What could this be?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question , many conditions could cause these dark tiny bumps from STD( specially with the Human Papillomavirus ) , cysts ( these are small tiny sacs that contain some fluid inside ) , moles or blocked sebaceous glands . Most of these conditions do not need treatment . However , it is important that You consult your gynecologist to be 100 % sure that everything is OK.

You could also have a concomitant vaginal infection ( it could be a bacterial , fungal ( specifically Candida infection) or Trichomona infection) . Other conditions that could affect your vaginal fluids are hormonal imbalances or hormonal changes ( in the levels of estrogen and progesterone ) and vaginal dryness.

Your gynecologist needs to perform a Pap Smear and a vaginal culture to determine what microorganism is producing the infection so he/she can treat you properly .

If you notice the discharge has a white ,thick ,cottage cheese appearance , it could be a yeast infection . In this case , You could use an over the counter treatment like Clotrimazole ,Tioconazole or Miconazole in cream or vaginal supossitories .

In the meantime, avoid scented or harsh soaps ,wear cotton underwear ,use gentle soaps like Dove or Neutrogena and use warm instead of hot water when you take your bath.

If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The discharge is yellow and it is not clumpy at all. Just runny. The two bumps are right next to eachother and dark like little hard sores. But only about the size of a pin head. The doctor treated me for a yeast infection a couple of months ago but it didn't go away with medicine. It cleared up eventually but right after my menstrual cycle the discharge and odor were back.

Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.

A yellow discharge is more suggestive of a trichomonal or bacterial infection than a yeast infection .

In this case , You will need to take other medications like Metronidazole or antibiotics , these specific medications are prescribed by your doctor . If what you are experiencing are repetitive yeast infections , it could help to take lactobacillus acidophilus capsules ( you can get them over the counter ) or eat unsweetened yogurt to restore your normal bacterial flora to decrease the chances of getting a new infection .

The tiny bumps must be evaluated by your doctor to determine if they are product of a STD or if it is something more simple like cysts or blocked sebaceous glands.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. last question. My HSV test result says

Specimen Quality: Adequate

HSV Culture: Non Isolated

Just want to make sure that means negative. It's a little confusing.

Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Yes , these results are negative.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD