Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

im always experiencing feverish conditions every 28-30 days

i'm always experiencing feverish conditions every 28-30 days but the moment i use anti malarial drugs, my condition improves only to reoccur the next month, what's happening to me doctor?

You appear to have symptoms of recurrent infection by strains of Plasmodium Vivax/Plasmodium malariae or Plasmodium ovale malaria.The malaria caused by these strains will be evident every 28-30 days unless radical therapy using Primaquin is done along with the Chloroquin and other drugs.The malaria may also be of the drug resistant type which responds only partially to the traditionally used chloroquin. Use of the newer antimalarials like Artesunate/Artemisinin derivatives and Quinine may be needed to help eradicate the resistant plasmodium strains.Since you live in a endemic area,the drug therapy will depend on the drug resistance of plasmodium currently seen in your area,also your immune statusmay change depending on whether you have in the last few years travellled abroad .It would be prudent to seek treatment at a tertiary care or referral hospital which has senior physicians and malarialogists .Currently Artemesinin based combination therapy will help treat the malaria adequately rather than use of conventional amtimalarial therapy.Use of a high fibre diet and stool softeners like Docusate may help prevent constipation,adequate fluid and water intake will also help.

I am unable to see your reply.Please post your reply again.Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your kind but professional reply, i want to know if bathing with hot or warm water on regular basis will reduce body and joint pains

If you are suffering from Arthritis or muscular pains,bathing in hot water will definitely help reduce the aches and pains.Using a bath tub full of tolerably hot water for immersion of the body below the neck for 10-15 minutes will help ease out the joint pains.This along with any medication prescribed by your doctor for the body pains will help control your symptoms on a regular basis.