Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I drink coffee and caffeine pills with frequency, I have been

I drink coffee and caffeine pills with frequency, I have been recently experiencing very cold hands and feet as well as all over my body. Should I be worried?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

For how long you have such problem?
Do you have cramps/pain in legs at night?
Any investigations so far?
Are you under lot of stress recently?
Any other health or medical problems

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have experienced this for the past 2 weeks but it lasts for a few hours; I have no past medical problems other than asthma. I have no leg cramps at night, but sometimes I do have aches (nothing severe) in my bones. I am under a few stress lately.
Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Your symptoms have come due to Peripheral Neuropathy. This can occur with underlying medical condition and should be checked by your doctor. Possible causes are-
-Hormonal disorder- like thyroid hormone imbalance
-Blood sugar disorder
-Liver/ Kidney disease
-Vitamin deficiencies

You need to get detailed clinical examination and blood work. This includes-
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) tests
-Electromyography (EMG)
-Blood sugar levels, thyroid function tests, liver/kidney function tests.
The line of treatment is selected according to the cause.
For the time, you can take Tylenol and try to rest on a firm surface. Also you can take Vitamin B complex supplements. Gentle stretching exercises should help too. You should avoid excess intake of caffeine.
Practice yoga and meditation for relaxation, Deep breathing exercises will help you.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.