Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a strong pain in my Lower left abdomen that travels

I have a strong pain in my Lower left abdomen that travels to my left testicle. When I ejaculate the pain travels down the left leg to my foot and radiates back up to my Lower abdomen. Also the blood flow seems restricted as I noticed the veins are more prominent in the same areas. I also seem to have a varicose vein on my left scrotum. The pain is worse after I drive for more than 30 minutes or walk for long distances. The urologist has told me that I have orchitis and I've been on antibiotics for 7 days now. There's no change. In fact the pain is worse. I don't even have erections anymore. No one seems to know what's going on. I'm in severe pain at times. There's no blood in my semen but I did notice it was very gooey a week ago when I had my last erection.

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

mysticdoc :

Prominent varicose veins and the radiating pain can be due to the blood clot in the abdominal vein ( renal vein or in the common iliac vein).

mysticdoc :

Sometimes there can be a tumor obstructing blood flow to the scrotum.

mysticdoc :

This should be checked out with a CT scan of the abdomen with IV contrast.

Customer: There was a ct scan performed as well. Not sure they looked specifically in that area as I also had abdominal ulcers Should I ask them to repeat or will they be able to see it if they look in that area again.
mysticdoc :

yes they did not look there.

mysticdoc :

you need a CT scan of the pelvis with contrast.

mysticdoc :

this is serious if you do have tumor or blood clot.

mysticdoc :

So take it as urgent.

mysticdoc :

Another possibility can be herniated disc at your lumbosacral spine.

mysticdoc :

Sacral nerves supply the scrotum penis and also the lower leg and feet.

mysticdoc :

If you have significant nerve impingement from herniated disc, you will experience similar symptoms.

mysticdoc :

If your CT scan comes back negative, then next step will be MRI scan of the lumbosacral spine.

mysticdoc :

Also a neurologist should be consulted.

Customer: So go back to my urologist or family practitioner. Neither seem to have a clue. Also I noticed after ejaculation that the veis in the bottom of my ankle seem to be more blue or purplish. I have an old soccer wound there as well but the color definitely changes.
mysticdoc :

You can go back to the urologist and get the Ct scan of the pelvis with contrast first.

mysticdoc :

If that test is negative, you need to see a neurologist for neurological evaluation with MRI scan.

Customer: Ok. Thanks for your help. Any suggestions on what I can do for the pain or if I should continue taking the antibiotics.
mysticdoc :

you can continue with the antibiotic to complete the course.

mysticdoc :

Ibuprofen 400 to 600 mg every 6 hours with food can be taken for the pain.

mysticdoc :

Avoid sitting for the long time.

mysticdoc :

Avoid too much bending or heavy lifting

Customer: Prone to ulcers.
mysticdoc :

sorry I did not know that

mysticdoc :

in that case tylenol extra strength can be used

mysticdoc :

otherwise you will need prescription narcotic medication for short period of time from your doctor.

Customer: Ok. Thanks so much. I will try this. I'm very frustrated and in pain.
mysticdoc :

very welcome

mysticdoc :

Please follow my suggestions above.

mysticdoc :

You will find the solution.

mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate Good or Excellent Service, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: What's your speciality again
mysticdoc :

Internal medicine

Customer: Perfect. Thank you
mysticdoc :

very welcome

Customer: Ok. Can I email this transcript to myself. Lol. I don't want to miss your suggestions.
mysticdoc :

Yes you can

mysticdoc :

Once you rate the chat, you will get this in email.

Customer: I didn't add my email anywhere yet
mysticdoc :

You need to add your email in your account.

Best wishes