Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have a diagnosis of weak connective tissue in my body; my

I have a diagnosis of weak connective tissue in my body; my muscle are not able to withstand any type of exertion. This happened after the case of diphtheria, which I had 18 years ago. I am a 46 year old female, completely healthy and don' t have any diagnosis. Are there any supplements I should take to strengthen my muscles. I usually have muscles cramps after a little workout without any weights. Thank you.
Hi--is there a specific diagnosis made for what you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Weakness of the connective tissue
I understand but have you seen a rheumatologist for this and you don't know the exact medical disgnosis for what you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just need a supplement to strengthen my muscles. The weak connective tissue diagnosis was given by a neurologist.
OK. I would give you vitamin C, 3 to 10 grams a day but under my supervision. I'd also put you on glucosamine and chondroitin, and I would give you magnesium and zinc supplements. That combination, along with physical therapy, should improve your muscle condition
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What dosages should I take other spplements and what do you mean "under your supervision"
That much vitamin C needs supervision with blood work and regular exams. The doses of glucosamine, chondroitin, magnesium and zinc are 1500mg, 1200mg, 320mg, and 220mg per day