Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

ITS BEEN APPROXIMATELY 3 WEEKS I HAVE FREQUENT GAS WITH STRONG

ITS BEEN APPROXIMATELY 3 WEEKS I HAVE FREQUENT GAS WITH STRONG ODOUR AND BAD BREATH......MY TEETH AND GUMS ARE FINE. i DONT HAVE ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS...BUT AFTER I EAT (HAVENT CHANGED MY DIET) ONE OR TWO HOURS AFTER I START WITH GAS...BUT NO BLOATED STOMACH NO PAIN.....NO OTHER SYMPTOM......SHOULD I MAKE AN APPOINT WITH A GRASTOENTEROLOGIST????
Hi--can you tell me what you mean by frequent gas?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Everyday after i eat....and this is something that i never had before unless i overate.

But do you mean flatus--farting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes! not burping

OK.There are two possibilities here and yes you do need to see a gastroenterologist about this. If you haven't had a colonoscopy in three years you need that and I would also screen you for H pylori infection and for malabsorption conditions like lactose intolerance and possible celiac disorder. For now you could try taking probiotics and Mylanta to help with the gas symptoms