Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My husband, 54 years old, got very dizzy while climbing stairs

My husband, 54 years old, got very dizzy while climbing stairs about 2 hours ago. When I saw him he was on all 4's crawling, said his eyes were rolling and that he had a bad headache above his right eye. He immediately starting vomiting and has been on and off for 2 hours. When he walks he seems to lean towards the right, seems off balance. I took his temp and it is 95. He refuses to go the emergency room. What should I do?
Greetings.

This is emergency. You should call an ambulance, immediately. This can be an heart issue or stroke. There is nothing which can be done, unfortunately.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Sorry, for not being complete previously. You cannot do at home anything for these kind of emergency, so you should go to ER at the earliest.

It is privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He said his head is feeling better but he's continuing to throw up. Temp is still 95. What would cause his temp to be so low? He is refusing to go and is very emphatic that I not call the ambulance.

A low body temperature and vomiting point that brain has pressure due to either bleeding or a loss of blood supply of the brain tissue. All these are indicative of something significant going on. This may affect the judgment of the well being too and so you cannot rely on him for making a call on this issue.