Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.

I want to know when I ask women out to the movies and get their

Customer Question

I want to know when I ask women out to the movies and get their number, why do they not go out.
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.

medtech254 :

I see from previous questions that you are homosexual and have a boyfriend, is that still true? Also, I see a reply to a similar question a week ago.

medtech254 :

The first way to resolve this problem is to remember that women are people. When you put them on a pedestal than they take on more importance then they really have and it makes approaching them difficult. Remember that women are the same status and importance as you. Think of a kind but direct approach that works for you such as telling them your name and asking them how they are. Make small talk. You don't have to give them information upfront but they just want you to be friendly and to show some interest in them. When you lower your expectations about what women expect immediately you can decrease your anxiety. Your perceptions dictate how comfortable you are with women. Lastly you have to take chances. You won't get to know anyone if you don't take chances, When you push yourself out of your comfort zone a little bit at a time you will gain confidence.

medtech254 :

It sounds like you rush in and skip the small talk that leads up to the asking out, etc.

medtech254 :

You must take your time and show confidence if you are to accomplish your goal of getting them to go out with you.

medtech254 :

I also see that you are schizophrenic and have hallucinations. Do these occur while you are asking these women out?

Customer :

I have schizophrenia but it is in remission

Customer :

hello

Customer :

because of my religion i can not be homosexual but heterosexual

medtech254 :

I think these links will be of great use:

medtech254 :

http://news.menshealth.com/win-the-hottest-woman-in-the-room/2012/05/10/

medtech254 :

http://www.wikihow.com/Approach-a-Girl-in-Public

Customer :

okay I am also a introvert

medtech254 :

Ok, I read one of your questions that said you have a bf. Is that not true?

Customer :

what is a bf

medtech254 :

Those 2 links will help greatly with shy individuals.

medtech254 :

boyfriend

Customer :

I know longer date men. I have not dated a man in over a year

medtech254 :

Ok, so you have no conflicting feelings of still being attracted to men?

Customer :

yes, because I am in a religion that is pentacostal. They say if your a homosexual you are going to hell.

medtech254 :

Ok, well what you have to do is take your time and work up to asking them out. Be confident. Choose a non-confrontational environment, not a bar. Read through the 2 links I gave you for some good ideas. Also, a dog works wuite well to break the ice and cause the woman to lower her guard allowing her to be more open to your approach.

Customer :

I do have fears that I will not be able to have a lasting erection if I do decide to have sex

medtech254 :

That is a concern for many men but you are a long way from having to worry about that. You need to focus on how to meet and establish a connection with a woman before that becomes an issue.

medtech254 :

I assume that you are looking for a relationship not just sex right?

Customer :

Yes, I am looking to get married and have children

Customer :

Hello

medtech254 :

Start slow.

medtech254 :

Take your time on the approach and make sure you know what you want before you jump all in.

medtech254 :

Choose on the total package if you are looking for long term relations not just an attractive body that won't last.

medtech254 :

Often coworkers or others that you see often are an easy way to start.

medtech254 :

Play the field and make sure you have the one you want to keep before you commit.

Customer :

I know your probably are saying why am just begining to date women at the age of 36

medtech254 :

No not at all. This situation is not as uncommon as you might think.

Customer :

I thank you for the websites. Have a nice evening!

medtech254 :

Please review them and if you have further questions just come back.

Customer :

Okay! Thanks

medtech254 :

You are welcome!

Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried making eye contact with women but have not got a clue to approach them

Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you check out the links I provided?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I had a look at the links and it said to make eye contact first to see if I can get one back to let me know if their also interested in me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The website that was given said to make eye contact first. Next when recieving the same the door is open to talk and get to know one another
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

Exactly what part of the answer you received do you consider inaccurate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The part that I do not agree with is the eye contact part. It says in the website that if a woman makes eye contact with you repeatedly that they are interested in getting to know you.

I'm sorry you disagree with what everyone else agrees with. That doesn't make everyone else wrong or inaccurate.

When a woman to whom you've never been introduced repeatedly makes eye contact with a pleasant expression on their face, it does mean that she might be interested in meeting you.

That doesn't mean she might want to get to know you better, or go to the movies with you, or bear your children. It just means that she is approachable for an introduction and some small talk to see if you have anything in common.

If the small talk goes well, she may be agreeable to go for coffee, or lunch, to a baseball/basketball/football game, art gallery, or even a movie. If she doesn't want to further the acquaintance, she will refuse the invitation. More often than not, people just don't "click."

Expect to meet a dozen people who don't want to further the aquaintance to every one who will see you a second time for a casual date. You may have hundreds of casual dates before you find someone you might want to spend the rest of your life with and who feels the same way about you.

Of course, the best way to meet people is through similar interest groups. Church, business networking, social clubs, hobbies, mutual friends are all good ways to meet people of the opposite sex (or the same sex for that matter). That you are both involved in the same activity gives you something in common to talk about and that automatically breaks the ice. It's best to think about finding someone to share some quality time with rather than fast-forwarding to marriage. That scares most women off.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It still does not explain why a woman gives her phone number and agrees to go to the movies and then never returns your call to go.

The only person who can answer that question is each woman herself. Perhaps she had a headache; someone had already asked her out; she was preparing for the next day at work; her parents were coming to visit; she just didn't feel like it at the time; she had already seen the movie; she needed to wash her hair. And just maybe she had met someone else since you first approached her, or had changed her mind about seeing you again. The only way you would know the answer would be to ask.

There are no guarantees that anyone you approach for a date will accept for any number of reasons, even if they have provided their telephone number.

I hate to mention it, but there is also the possibility that they have asked around and found that you have had mental problems and a different sexual orientation in the past and that isn't something they want to deal with. The only way to learn is to ask.

Kind regards,

Schuyler