Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

My right cheek is hot to touch and red as cam be and right

Customer Question

My right cheek is hot to touch and red as cam be and right eye is burning also getting slight headache what could be the problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.
Since how long you have this?
Do you have symptoms like pain on pressing the cheek area, nasal obstruction, runny nose, pain on pressing the forehead, fever, dental pain etc?
Have you tried anything so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sinuses are tender but other than that I feel ok except slight headache. I did take a sudafed about 20 minutes ago but no stuffiness
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Susan thanks a lot for your input. I am so sorry to hear about your problem. Well as per symptoms this sounds like acute sinusitis. The eye burning is likely to be associated with this but rarely can be a separate problem. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab Aleve twice daily, Tab Claritin once daily, xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily and steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily is what you can do yourself. You can give it a try and if you feel no response in next 12 hours you should go to doctor as you may need antibiotics. This is your choice but in my opinion it's best if you go early. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.