Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have a pain in my left leg right above my ankle on the left

I have a pain in my left leg right above my ankle on the left side, I can feel the muscle I think where the pain is. Is a dvt not likely? I have not taken a flight in 3 months, 27 years old male, healthy, no risk factors. I haven't worked out so I dont know where the pain would come from.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Since how long you have this? Is there any calf swelling or redness? What have you tried so far for this pain? Do you have any diagnosed medical problem or any medications you are on? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This pain is random and just started this morning. No calf swelling or redness, just the random pain around the side of my shin area(not on the shin)

I have diagnosed anxiety and am taking anxiety medication. I have obsessive thoughts about potentially getting dvt

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your pain but i would like to reassure you that the symptoms you are having are not at all consistent with DVT. The problem in DVT is mainly in calf area. Your problem is around shim and in ankle area. So this single point rules out that you are not having DVT. This random pain can be muscular or bony and can come even without any workout. You just need to relax and in such situations over the counter available tablet advil thrice daily and massage of the area with OTC voltaren gel twice daily really helps. If symptoms persist see your doctor but hopefully this will not be required but rest assured that this will not be required. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.