Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

for a week i have noticed a slight sensation/pain in my righ

for a week i have noticed a slight sensation/pain in my righ shoulder blade/ chest .. this is usually when i swallow cold drinks or cold food , eating soups , drinking tea and warm food cause me no problem ..... I noticed this last week when i was drinking cold beer , i did feel like kind of an indigestion feeling at first but i have not drank any beer since . somebody said i may have GORD but i dont feel any pain otherwise . I am a 31 year old male
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have any burning sensation in upper abdomen above navel?
Any other known medical illness?
Is there burning sensation/pain in center of chest down the throat?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply , no there is no real burning sensation anywhere really , i used to get indigestion a few months back and it stoppped after i changed my diet/lifestyle

Dear XXXXX
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you are having can be due to GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease)).It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.Also there can be associated gastritis.

Another possibility is of nerve root compression at shoulder.Any compromise of the nerve space can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of wear and tear or injury or degeneration.

You need following tests:

-X-ray right shoulder
-Electromyography(EMG)& Nerve conduction studies,
-Upper Endoscopy/Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Barium meal studies & Barium follow through(BFT)

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your reply , one thing i forgot to mention which after reading your reply is , I have a feeling in my shoulder and neck like i have pulled something .... I used to do alot of weights and still do pull ups . I woke up the other day with a very stiff and sore neck although its a little better today . Do you belive that this could have been the main cause of these symptoms ?

Dear XXXXX,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Yes,as you have mentioned the details now regarding your doing weights & pull up & stiff & sore neck,this can be the most probable cause.Pulled muscles of shoulder blade can be the cause of this.

To get relief from a pulled muscle around shoulder blade,following will help you:

-Have rest for 2-4 days meaning avoid heavy physical work or lifting weights.

-For first 48 hours:Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the ice pack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the bruise.

-Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation.

-Take non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Tab.Ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the inflammation & pain.This is available without prescription.

If you feel major discomfort then consult your ortho doctor as x-rays & other tests may be done.In most cases this will get cured & complete relief with the above described treatment.

Hope this helped
My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist