Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have a c0ugh that started yesterday. It is a dry chest cough

I have a c0ugh that started yesterday. It is a dry chest cough no phelgm or mucus being expelled. I am currently using OTC MuinexD extended release tablets, Nyquill night time and Delsym until I ran out. I have been coughing for about 3 hrs. straight this morning. My head wants to explode,my ribs and sides hurt alot every time I cough now. I haven't been able to sleep ( and probably my neighbors either). I do not have health ins. I was wondering if I should go to urgent care or emergency room and if there is something they can give me to stop this coughing sooner rather than later. I can't take it anymore.

Do you have stuffy nose?

Sore throat?

Pain in chest while coughing?

Any history of hypertension,diabetes,etc?

Smoking and alcohol intake?

Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no stuffy nose or fever or sore throat. I cough so hard it does hurt my chest. NO to the rest I do have major headache and asthma

Thanks for providing more information.

As you describe in my opinion you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and visit ER for prompt management.

As you have already tried self care measures with little relief and you have history of asthma so you may require an urgent medical attention.

Possible causes may include Bronchitis,Ischemic heart disease,Asthma attack,Pleuritis.

EKG must be done in your case.

So visit ER ASAP.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.