Dr. Anil Kumar
Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience:  M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Hi, I strained my lower left back, thigh and hip at a

I strained my lower left back, thigh and hip at a sport competition. 5 days later I had protected rough sex and within 8 hrs I started getting a heightened / tingly sensation at the tip of my penis mostly when seated. That settled after somedays. About 10 days later I got a tingly sensation on the front part of my left thigh then the right thigh only when seated. This lasted for a few weeks then the sensation moved to my calfs and then to the souls of my feet tingled after a had a long walk.During this process I got sensation of burning and cold. I also go the tingly sensation in my forearm and burning pain in armpit area and inner arm, the sensations come and go. There was swelling in the lower back on the left side, as well on the base of the spine and slight swelling on spine just parralel to my shoulders. Now that the swelling has gone down, more the 90% of the tingly sensation has gone. Though occasional I do get the sensation at the tip of my penis which just lasts seconds. What caused all of this? And at this stage is it necessary to do and abdominal scan, blood sugar test, urine test and CBC test?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Associated pain,burning sensation at tip of penis?

Are you taking any medications?

Do you still have pain in lower back?

When have you seen your doctor recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain or burning sensation at the tip of penis. No medications. Lower back pain is gone.
Saw the doctor and he said I appear fine after doing a physical and all symptoms will go

Thanks for providing more information.

Firstly i agree with your doctor as tingling sensation at tip of penis'll improve over the time.

And you may not require any treatment.

Tingling sensation can be caused due to irritation of nerves due to rough sex and compression at lumbosacral spine.

It's good that your lower back pain has gone.

So your symptoms'll resolve in next few days.

If your symptoms'll persist for more than 2 weeks then Urinalysis,X-ray/MRI of lumbosacral spine can be advised.

Otherwise as you have no associated burning sensation,pain, chances of infection are less.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could the injury I sustained in the lower back and subsequent groin and hip strain be. The cause a compressed nerve. The lower back swelling seemed close to the spine.

Yes it can be possible that nerve has been irritated due to pressure from strain in lower back,hip on it in it's path.

You can take OTC Motrin which helps in relieving any sort of inflammation around the nerve which can provide good results.

Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on lower back.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience: M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All these sensations are they typical of compressed nerve and will the sensation of be typical of a healing process

As your lower back pain is gone and now you have intermittent tingling sensation on tip of penis so it suggests the healing process however there is still some sort of inflammation which may resolve in few days.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician