Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi. Im D. Im 25 years old and have been having this tingling

Hi. I'm D. I'm 25 years old and have been having this tingling on my lower left shin. It doesn't hurt just feels weird. Imagine a cell phone vibrating. That's kinda of how it feels. like I said it doesn't hurt just tingles. Any suggestions?

Greetings Denaide.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Since when is the tingling?
Do you have backache?
Any family history of diabetes?
Any significant past medical illness?
Are you on any medications or herbs?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tingling just started today. No backaches our part medical illness. I did go to the ER about a couple of Weeks ago and the doctor prescribed me some meds for anxiety. I only took one pull.i didn't like the idea of taking meds to keep me calm. But that's about all.I think my grandparents may have had blood sugar problems.
Hello Denaide,

The most likely cause in your age group of the tingling is pinched nerve in back (which can occur in the absence of backache). The other possibilites are;

1) Deficiency of vitamin B12.
2) Diabetes
3) Neuropathy.

Last two are not common with no other symptoms.

The tingling is usually a self resoling phenomenon. You may try following back care in activities in daily living which will help in resolving it early;

a) Avoid bending at 90 degrees

b) Pushing and pulling of heavy objects should be avoided till tingling subsides

c) Avoid prolonged sitting and standing

d) Avoid sitting or sleeping on floor

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yesterday when I was at work I was having some mild chest pains. I got one of our RN's to check me out and she said that my heart sounded normal and that my blood pressure was normal. I haven't really had the chest pains today but I have been under stress for about a month our so.

The chest pain and tingling can be due to anxiety and stress. Following are helpful;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know your follow up queries.

Please click excellent / good, if this interaction has been helpful and satisfactory. Only a positive rating gives us credit for the work and expertize. You can ask follow up questions, even after rating.