Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Ive been having some issue with the feeling of wanting to

I've been having some issue with the feeling of wanting to cough because some sort of liquid seems to be stuck in the bottom of my throat. The cough is not violent or force but I keep feeling the need to cough every 30 second or so. Sometimes I would feel a little difficulty in breathing, especially in a warm and stifling environment. This happens once every year or so and last for about a week to a month. I was wondering what this is and whether if I should get it checked out or not?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist. I am going to address your primary concern and later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms your problem seems to be related to acid reflux from stomach into throat. This acid reflux causes inflammation of throat and causes hyper secretion of mucus in throat which at times is difficult to cough out and it keeps giving a foreign body sensation in throat. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC Cap Omeprazole 40mg in the days when you have problem can help you a lot. Moreover avoidance of spicy foods, alcohol and smoking is essential. Sleep with an extra pillow under your head or elevate the head end of your bed by something under the bed. Just elevate by 30 degree. But i assure you that you need not to worry because this is not anything serious. If symptoms persist see your doctor but hopefully will not be required. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.