Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I need some I formation on a drug test I took for a random..

Customer Question

I need some I formation on a drug test I took for a random.. My concern is I took cocaine on Wednesday night about a gram worths... after 8 days..... Now(Thursday night approx midnight ) I did 2 lines of cocaine In about a minute... I I got to work the following Tuesday and had a ua at 930 am... I so I figure that's almost 105 hours later since last use, and am I going to pass my test.. I I'm in Alaska way out in the Busch area the test was sent it's been seating here at the airport I have the tracking number on the urine sample it's getting to the lab 3 days later as well does that help or make any difference as well?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Th drug detection time for cocaine in urine is 2-5 days

Dr Brims :

Therefore there is a good chance you will pass, because usually it is out of your system within 3 days

Customer:

okay ya for 2 lines i was thinking i would be okay but i wasnt sure at all they are sending it to lab

Customer:

paml

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

is tgerr any way u could give me a percentage of passi g or failing i havnt sleept i three days i have been o erwhemed with anxiety i can say i have learned a lesson that well be the last time i ever use again

Dr Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

i can now im o my phone

Customer:

so if u were to gamble u would say i passed?

Dr Brims :

There is a 75% chance or more you will pass

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

k thank u very much would u like to know tge results when tgey come back

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i would assume 2 days is for low consumtion and the max of 5 days is for larger amounts of cocaine use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Yes , that is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so by the end of day three i should have no traces that would of tested positive

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Most likely, there are other factors that are unpredictable like how fast your body metabolizes the drug
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
This will give you full details on the detection times of cocaine in blood, urine, etc. as well as the other usual drugs that are tested for. http://www.labmed.yale.edu/Images/detection%20times%20in%20urine%20rev_tcm45-9313.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i see a bbunch of defernt detection times what are your thoughts of 2lines with about 105 hours since last use for a lab detection of urine?

Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
2 lines (which depending on the line size is pretty normal) should clear out below the established legal detection levels no later than 96 hrs from ingestion. You should clear the test without any problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so if my test was done on friday at the lab i would recieve a call from the mro on monday if i have failed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. Do you still need help?

Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
No. If you fail the test the sample is sent for verification using different lab test to insure the result is correct. It can take several days to hear back from them depending on their notification process. Many mail out a letter which can take a few days.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you need additional information in order to accept my answer?