Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hello! My scrotum seems to be rather sweaty all the time. kind

Hello! My scrotum seems to be rather sweaty all the time. kind smelly to. i went to the doctor 4 time to get test for STD. took some antibiotics. All test came back negative or inconclusive. Also when i flex my testicles up, my left testy actually turns sideways where the other just pulls up. the left testy is also seem to be swollen on the underside. no pain what so ever. scrotum is usually all ways loose sweaty never tight and dry. Also when i pee at first it strays out at the top and the bottom in various directions then turns to a solid stream, also there is a little drip after urination but no burning sensation. sometime after i urinate it feels like a pinch at the tip of my penis. This all started happening when i got very sick for an entire week. i was sexually active just before i got sick. the girl i was with did have an STD and now has 2 kids idk what to do.. doc says everything is good but its just the walk-in. maybe its normal and im over thinking it. but it isnt the same as it once was.. if i remember correctly. what to do? what to do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Do you take any medication?

Customer:

no..

Dr Brims :

Have you seen a urologist or had an ultrasound?

Customer:

no. just the walk in

Dr Brims :

What tests have you had so far?

Customer:

basic STD urine test, along with blood test. everything negative. clamydia has come back inconclusive but ive gone 4 time now and the doc has only give me meds twice. they also checked my prostate.

Customer:

they never came to anything conclusive

Dr Brims :

What antibiotics did you take?

Customer:

azithromison is really the only one i remember. and then some white oblong pill that they said was for gonarea

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be an infection of your prostate or epididymis, which is an appendage on your testicle

Dr Brims :

I would advise you have an ultrasound of your scrotum and that you also see a urologist

Customer:

ok but there is no pain only after i urinate there is a pinch but it rarely happens

Dr Brims :

Okay

Customer:

ive askd the doc if that what it is but he told me it look normal

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking in your last reply

Customer:

an epididymis that is

Dr Brims :

It can only be diagnosed for sure with an ultrasound

Customer:

what is an ultrasound and is it spendy?

Dr Brims :

It is an imaging test

Dr Brims :

What do you mean by spendy?

Customer:

i have limited health insurance. But im worried, so better be safe then sorry.

Customer:

what of the pinching after i urinate and the sprinkler like urination when i first start to urinate?

Dr Brims :

Yes, it is best to be safe

Dr Brims :

Those may all be related

Customer:

really? this has been a problem for over a year. thought it was normal when the walk-in clinic came back negetive. any side effects for it not being treated in a timely manner

Dr Brims :

It may become more and more painful if it is not treated, but it is not an emergency

Customer:

will it lead to any infertility? as well when a ejaculate it is a very slow process. is it related?

Dr Brims :

It may lead to infertility if it is never treated, but that is unlikely

Dr Brims :

It is not likely related

Customer:

also when i went to the walk in all 4 time the clamydia test came back inconclusive. does that mean anything? ive taken azithromison but it didnt do anything as well a dexra something orange pill that make a matalic tast in my mouth. could this be an STD?

Dr Brims :

It could be an STD, you should have a swab to make sure, and see a urologist

Customer:

even if ive taken meds for it? as well as i believe ive had a swab on the inside of penis at the walk-in but didnt amount to anything

Dr Brims :

Then it is unlikely an STD

Customer:

ok ill have to see a urologist then, any home remedies maybe to keep the cost down?

Dr Brims :

No, there are no home remedies, and please don't try any, that may cause more harm than good

Customer:

would and epydidmis cause my urine to smell strong?

Dr Brims :

It could cause it

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

what about this infection in the prostate you speak of?

Dr Brims :

I said it could be the prostate or epididymis, it could be either one, that is why I recommend you see a urologist to determine if it is either of these

Dr Brims :

Both would require 2-4 weeks of antibiotics

Customer:

and could these happen after being sick with 104 temp for a week, i was very sweaty as a recall the entire time. or strictly sexually transmitted?

Dr Brims :

It could happen after the temp

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

just thinking if thers anything else

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

i guess ill have to see the urologist to be sure

Customer:

but thx

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this

Customer:

ok! will do!

Dr Brims :

Please don't forget to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Customer:

kk, peace & love!!

Dr Brims :

Same to you

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience