Help4Health, Registered Nurse
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

what is benztropine

what is benztropine

My name isXXXXX'm a registered nurse. Glad to try and help out.

Benzatropine or Benztropine (same thing, alternate spellings), is a medication called an anticholinergic agent. It's marketed under the trade called Cogentin and is a well-established drug. It can eb quite helpful for managing dystonia (abnormal muscle contraction) and in particular with Parkinson's disease (sometimes also called Parkinsonism). Another common usage is to treat some distressing side effects of some psychiatric medications. In plain language, it's main role is usually to "smooth out" tremors and/or sometimes painful contracting of muscles.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, R.N.