Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Hi could you shed some light on my symptoms please? Fatigue Pins

Hi could you shed some light on my symptoms please?
Pins and needles in right side hand, foot up to knee
Poor balance
When I bend my head forward sharp pains down my spine and both arms
Weakness on right side only
And hot sensations on r side of face
4 months ago complete blindness in both eyes for about 5mins and eye pain
I have had an MRI and have been told by Neuro that this is NOT ms????
I have an appointment with my gp in the morning and would like to have some ideas to take with me could this have nothing to do with neurology?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Is there any other known medical illness?
Is there numbness in right arm or leg?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello DR Charles, I have been having these symptoms on and off for about 6months for the pins and needles and numbness is in the hand and foot and my left toe! I have no other medical issues other than bowel problems in 2009, but have experienced similar about 5 years ago, and did not go back because it all stopped and I felt so much better. The problem with this time since my visit to A&E because of stroke like symptoms is that they have not improved
Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you are having can be due to stroke mini stroke or transient ischemic attack(TIA). A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted or severely reduced, depriving brain tissue of oxygen and food.

You need following tests:

-CT scan & MRI scan
-Ultrasound scan of the carotid arteries in the neck
-Nerve conduction studies,

The stroke can be either ischaemic(when a blood vessel that supplies blood to the brain is blocked by a blood clot) or Hemorrhagic(when a blood vessel in part of the brain becomes weak and bursts open, causing blood to leak into the brain).Another possibility can be certain ear disorders.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an urgent appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles